|Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing|
Sunshine Engine (in house engine)
Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita (Both via PlayStation Now), Nintendo DS, PC, iOS devices, OnLive, Arcade, Mac, Android, Blackberry 10 devices, and the Blackberry Playbook
Xbox 360: DVD-DL
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (known as Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie on the Xbox 360) is a racing game that features characters from the Sonic the Hedgehog series and other Sega franchises, such as Sonic, Tails, Amy, Shadow, Aiai, Amigo, Beat, etc. It is for the Wii, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, PS3, iPod Touch, Android, Mac OS X PC, and Blackberry 10 Devices along with the Blackberry Playbook, as well as Java-based mobile phones and later became an arcade game.
In 2012, Sega and Feral Interactive announced that the game will be available for the Mac on its following Summer along with Sega Superstars Tennis. For the Mac, All-Stars Racing will feature online multiplayer by using Game Center which the Windows version lacked, which will be added in the next version of Mac OS X, Mountain Lion. On 4 April 2013, the game was released by Feral Interactive on the Mac as a Mac App Store exclusive.
The game plays out like a kart racing game, with characters collecting power-ups to boost their speed or hamper their opponents. Like Sumo's previous Sega game, Sega Superstars Tennis, each character has a "Star Move" unique to them, such as Sonic transforming into Super Sonic, or Shadow turning into Super Shadow, that they can use against their opponents. The game has multiplayer options for up to four players on split-screen and eight players online.
Vehicles are separated into three different categories: car, bike, and hovercraft. As the terrain on the tracks will vary, vehicles can be either assisted or hindered by the surfaces they drive upon. Cars vary in speed and weight, with some performing better on some terrains than others. Bikes have fast acceleration and can perform wheelies for a speed boost, but can be easily bullied by heavier vehicles. Hovercrafts are not affected by any terrain and are able to perform multiple boosts after a jump, but they have poor handling and have low acceleration. All of the vehicles also have their own specific engine sounds. Sega Miles that can be spent in the in-game shop to unlock additional content such as characters, tracks, art, and songs.
The game has customizable multiplayer options for up to four players on split-screen and eight players online, including Free Races and Arena Modes. There is also a Grand Prix, Time Trial, and Mission mode.
Characters drive vehicles that relate to the character. Courses that appear in the game are slated to be references to various Sonic and Sega titles.
On November 25, 2009, a special press event about the game was held in France, where the Nintendo DS version made its playable debut.
At the start of the game, players can choose from Sonic, Tails, Dr. Eggman, Shadow, Amy, AiAi, Amigo, Billy Hatcher, and any console exclusive characters and DLC characters (Mii on the Wii, and Avatar and Banjo & Kazooie (Xbox 360), Metal Sonic & Ryo Forklift on the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 as DLC characters). Other characters are unlocked by purchasing them with Sega Miles.
|Character||Series||Vehicle||All-Star Move||All-Star Theme||All-Star Move icon|
|Sonic||Sonic the Hedgehog||
Blue convertible with spikes resembling quills.
DS Changes: N/A
|Invincibility theme - Sonic Heroes|
|Knuckles||Sonic the Hedgehog||
A red quad bike with big wheels in the back and little wheels in the front.
DS Changes: Hammer Punch shock wave is short range only.
|Unknown From M.E. - Sonic Adventure 2|
|Tails||Sonic the Hedgehog||
Small, rounded biplane with a yellow color scheme and a triangle with two tails on the sides.
Tails Tornado: Tails presses a button and his plane performs a vertical barrel roll, making a huge tornado that pulls him forward while sucking up opponents and items in its path.
DS Changes: Tails travels forwards while spinning the Tornado Racer until the All-Star is over.
|Believe in Myself - Sonic Adventure 2|
|Amy Rose||Sonic the Hedgehog||
Old-fashioned pink buggy with a spare tire cover etched with "AMY".
Piko Hammer: Amy pulls out her Piko Piko Hammer and madly swings it around to smash anyone unlucky enough to get in her way.
DS Changes: N/A
|My Sweet Passion - Sonic Adventure|
|Dr. Eggman||Sonic the Hedgehog||
His personal Eggmobile with monster truck-tire attachments and guns under the headlights.
DS Changes: Fires normal rockets instead; otherwise the same.
|Egg Albatross - Sonic Heroes|
|Shadow||Sonic the Hedgehog||
Personalized red and black G.U.N. low-rider with jet boosters.
DS Changes: Works like Super Sonic in both versions.
|Chaos Control theme - Shadow the Hedgehog|
|Big||Sonic the Hedgehog||
Small moped with a Froggy paint job.
Giant Froggy: Froggy grows in size immensely and Big holds on to its tail as Froggy hops on anybody in its path.
DS Changes: Big disappears and isn't seen holding on to Froggy.
|Fish Hits! - Sonic Adventure|
|Metal Sonic (DLC)||Sonic the Hedgehog||
Blue hoverbike with similarities to Metal Sonic.
Maximum Overdrive: After transforming into a missile-like shape, Metal Sonic's bike speeds up and deploys two pads that fly in front of him, emitting lightning bolts between them.
DS Changes: Not in DS version.
|Metallic Madness - Sonic CD|
|AiAi||Super Monkey Ball||
A kart in the shape of a bundle of bananas.
Super Monkey Roll: AiAi gets in his marble along with other characters from Super Monkey Ball following him in their marbles. They then speed up and run over the other racers.
DS Changes: Aiai is solo; the other monkeys don't join in.
|Bonus Stage - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz|
|Amigo||Samba De Amigo||
A red, Mexican-style car in the shape of a maraca.
Samba de Party: Amigo speeds up and hypnotizes the other racers with his rhythm. Then once he passes by an opponent, they follow him in a conga line and start dancing.
DS Changes: Amigo only slows the other racers.
|Title Screen - Samba de Amigo|
|Billy Hatcher||Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg||
Egg-shaped pod car with red rooster comb wings.
Egg Rodeo: After letting out a "cock-a-doodle-doo", Billy hops onto a giant egg like a circus ball and runs on it to squash his opponents.
DS Changes: N/A
|Theme Song - Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg|
Jet Set Radio
Orange and red street racer with neon, an extra stereo system in the back, and a Radio Head symbol on the hood.
Tag Jamming: Starts skating, and can also spray paint on nearby racers to obstruct their view.
DS Changes: Works like Super Sonic in all versions.
|Jet Set Groove 3 - Jet Set Radio Future|
Harley-Davidson-style motorcycle borrowed from Ryo's friend Naoyuki.
Working Man: Gets in his signature forklift and can toss opponents.
DS Changes: Works the same but the bike disappears before the forklift appears and vice versa when over.
|Earth and Sea - Shenmue|
|Ryo Hazuki: Forklift (DLC)||Shenmue||
A forklift borrowed from Ryo's part-time job.
Working Man: Shakes his fist, steps on the gas, and can toss opponents.
DS Changes: Not in DS version.
|Earth and Sea - Shenmue|
|Alex Kidd||Alex Kidd||
A red motorcycle.
Peticopter: Hops into a mini-helicopter, allowing him to shoot damaging projectiles at opponents.
DS Changes: N/A
|Main Theme - Alex Kidd in Miracle World|
|Ulala||Space Channel 5||
A white, futuristic hover craft, with Space Channel 5 Logo.
Tension Blast: Ulala stands on top of her hover craft and dances as Morolians circle the other racers, causing them to dance.
DS Changes: Works like Amigo's DS All-Star.
|Asteroid Belt Go! Go! Astrobeat Jr. - Space Channel 5|
|B.D. Joe||Crazy Taxi||
Crazy Boost: A passenger gets in his taxi, causing BD Joe to get a boost of speed.
DS Changes: No passenger hops in; otherwise the same.
|Generic rock riff|
|Opa-Opapa-Opa ||Fantasy Zone||
Opa-Opa itself, due to it being a sentient spaceship.
Fantasy Thorn: Lets the player choose from three items to use on opponents (a rocket booster, one big missile, and four smaller missiles).
DS Changes: Works like Alex Kidd's All-Star.
|Don't Stop - Super Fantasy Zone|
|ChuChus (Chuih, ChuPea, ChuBei & ChuBach)Template:Ref ||ChuChu Rocket!||
Cat-Walker: Normal ChuChus circle the other racers as a giant Kapu-Kapu appears and stomps down the track with Chuih riding on its head.
DS Changes: N/A
|Network Play ~ We Have A Winner! - Chuchu Rocket!|
|Zobio & ZobikoTemplate:Ref||The House of the Dead EX||
Old-fashioned black Cadillac with chainsaws on the sides.
Run-a-Way Love: Zobio drinks a radioactive potion, grows big, and runs around with Zobiko riding his back as Zobio smashes anybody in its path.
DS Changes: Zobio does a swipe instead of a ground pound; also Zobiko isn't riding on his shoulders.
|Mission Complete - House of the Dead 4|
|Jacky and AkiraTemplate:Ref||Virtua Fighter||
A red OutRun-esque sports car.
Virtua Fight: Akira jumps out of the car and punches it, sending it flying forward with incredible speed and knocking out anything in its path.
DS Changes: Jacky attacks by spinning the car when the item button is pressed.
|Akira's Theme - Virtua Fighter 5|
|Bonanza Bros. (Mobo and Robo)||Bonanza Bros.||
A black and blocky getaway car.
Blimp Strike: Mobo hops in their blimp and attacks nearby racers with bombs.
DS Changes: Robo joins Mobo in the blimp.
|Level Complete - Bonanza Bros.|
|Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox 360 Exclusive Content)||Banjo & Kazooie||
A customized jeep.
Jiggy Rain: Kazooie pecks Banjo’s head, then pulls out her magical wrench from Nuts & Bolts and causes Jiggies to rain down on the track, blocking and spinning out the other racers.
DS Changes: Not in DS version.
|Power-up/Main Theme - Banjo-Kazooie|
|Xbox Live Avatar (Xbox 360 exclusive)||The Xbox360 Avatars (The New Xbox Experience)||
An Xbox 360-like, green and white kart.
Party Power: Four Avatar friends pick up the player's car and start running while knocking out anything in their path.
DS Changes: Not in DS version.
|Mii (Wii exclusive)||Mii Channel||
A Wii-like, light blue and white dragster.
Parade Power: Four of your Miis pick up your car and start running, knocking out anybody in the way.
DS Changes: Not in DS version.
- Zobio and Zobiko replaced with Zobio
- Bonanza Bros. replaced with Mobo (Bonanza Bro. in blue)
- ChuChus replaced with Chuih (blue ChuChu)
- Jacky & Akira replaced with Jacky Bryant
Tracks and CupsEdit
- Seaside Hill - Whale Lagoon
- Billy Hatcher - Icicle Valley
- Casino Park - Roulette Road
- Carnival Town - Sunshine Tour Template:Note
- Tokyo-To - Shibuya Downtown
- Curien Mansion - Outer Forest
- Final Fortress - Turbine Loop
- Super Monkey Ball - Treetops
- Billy Hatcher - Rampart Road
- Final Fortress - Dark Arsenal
- Carnival Town - Jump Parade
- Casino Park - Pinball Highway
- Curien Mansion - Sewer Scrapes
- Seaside Hill - Lost Palace
- Super Monkey Ball - Sandy Drifts
- Tokyo-To - Rokkaku Hill
- Eagleland - Onett
- Carnival Town - Rocky-Coaster Template:Note
- Tokyo-To - Highway Zero
- Curien Mansion - Deadly Route
- Seaside Hill - Ocean Ruin
- Casino Park - Bingo Party
- Billy Hatcher - Lava Lair
- Super Monkey Ball - Monkey Target
- Final Fortress - Thunder Deck
Template:Note The race course "Studio Amigo" replaces "Sunshine Tour" in the Nintendo DS version.
Template:Note The race course "Sun Fair" replaces "Rocky-Coaster" in the Nintendo DS version.
In "Studio Amigo" on the DS it has a secret route, but in the PS3/XBOX 360 instruction booklet, it shows the track of Studio Amigo, not 'Sunshine Tour'
|Mission Number||Mission Name||Playable Racer||Type|
|1||Sonic Crush!||Amy||Rival Race|
|3||Fight to the Finish!||Knuckles||Knockout|
|5||White Knuckle Time!||Shadow||Race|
|6||Hedgehog Target Practice!||Dr. Eggman||Hit Contest|
|7||Graffiti Speed Star!||Beat||Boost|
|8||Seaside Cup||Sonic||Grand Prix|
|9||Egg-Stremely Simple!||Billy Hatcher||Time Gates|
|10||Race Your Bets!||Alex Kidd||Race|
|11||Jet Set Slide!||Beat||Drift|
|12||Egg-Citing Times!||Billy Hatcher||Hit Contest|
|13||Emerald Snatcher!||Dr. Eggman||Collect|
|14||Beat the Dealer!||Tails||Rival Race|
|15||Fiesta Food Dodge!||Big the Cat||Avoid|
|16||Blizzard Cup||Billy Hatcher||Grand Prix|
|17||Fiesta Clean-Up Crew!||Big the Cat||Hit Contest|
|18||Jet Set Race!||Beat||Knockout|
|19||Nitro Nights!||Zobio & Zobiko||Boost|
|20||Seafood Dinner!||Sonic||Hit Contest|
|22||Monkey Capsules, I Love 'Em!||Ryo||Time Gates|
|23||Sky Pirate!||Bonanza Bros.||Battle Race|
|24||Tokyo-To Cup||Beat||Grand Prix|
|27||Maraca Madness!||Dr. Eggman||Knockout|
|29||Water Slide!||Tails||Time Gates|
|30||Fare Game!||B.D. Joe||Rival Race|
|31||Chu Chu Avenue!||ChuChus||Hit Contest|
|32||Carnival Cup||Amigo||Grand Prix|
|33||Big Banker Payout!||Ulala||Collect|
|34||Creepy Crawlies!||Jacky & Akira||Knockout|
|36||Hidden Ring Stash!||Knuckles||Collect|
|37||To Drift or Not to Drift?||B.D. Joe||Time Gates|
|39||Drift From a Rose!||Amy||Drift|
|40||Casino Cup||Shadow||Grand Prix|
|41||Things Go Bump in the Night!||Zobio & Zobiko||Battle Race|
|42||Monkey Trouble!||Bonanza Bros.||Score Gates|
|43||Egg-Splosive Slide!||Billy Hatcher||Drift|
|45||Tokyo-To Show!||Beat||Time Gates|
|46||Have You Seen Lan Di?||Ryo||Knockout|
|47||Factory Frolics!||Shadow||Rival Race|
|48||Horrible Cup||Zobio & Zobiko||Grand Prix|
|50||Space Channel Drive!||Ulala||Battle Race|
|51||Haunted Hoedown!||Jacky and Akira||Hit Contest|
|52||Bonanza Blast!||Bonanza Bros.||Race|
|53||Factory Crash!||Tails||Time Gates|
|54||House of the Dread!||Ulala||Knockout|
|56||Super Monkey Cup||AiAi||Grand Prix|
|59||Super Monkey's All!||Amigo||Rival Race|
|61||Beach Party!||Tails||Battle Race|
|62||Every Second Counts!||Big the Cat||Time Gates|
|63||Robot Cup||Dr. Eggman||Grand Prix|
|64||Save the Day Sonic!!||Sonic||Hit Contest|
|DS 1||Seaside Speedway||Sonic||Race|
|DS 2||Crazy Coin Grab||Amigo||Collect|
|DS 3||Safety Gates||Billy Hatcher||Gates|
|DS 4||White Knuckle||Knuckles||Drift|
|DS 5||Seaside Shoot'em||Big||Hit Contest|
|DS 6||House of the Egg||Dr.Eggman||Avoid|
|DS 7||Off the Clock||B.D. Joe||Race|
|DS 8||Golden Egg||Billy Hatcher||Timed Gates|
|DS 9||2 Beats per Minute||Beat||Knockout|
|DS 10||Crazy Like A Fox||Tails||Random Gates|
|DS 11||Where Hog?||Sonic||Race|
|DS 12||Seafood Danger||Big||Avoid|
|DS 13||Number One Hit||Amigo||Hit Contest|
|DS 14||Space Channel Drive||Ulala||Race|
|DS 15||Downtown Dash||Alex Kidd||Gates|
|DS 16||Drift From A Rose||Amy||Drift|
|DS 17||Icicle Rally||Tails||Knockout|
|DS 18||One of Those Rings||Sonic||Collect|
|DS 19||Taxi Time Trial||B.D. Joe||Timed Gates|
|DS 20||Rose Hits||Amy||Hit Contest|
|DS 21||Fun in the Sun||Ulala||Race|
|DS 22||Top Banana||Aiai||Knockout|
|DS 23||Hatcher Plan||Billy Hatcher||Random Gates|
|DS 24||Billy Gates Gruff||Billy Hatcher||Gates|
|DS 25||Treetop Tussle||Aiai||Race|
|DS 26||A Ring in Time||Ulala||Collect|
|DS 27||Hit 'N' Miss||Beat||Battle|
|DS 28||Kidd Gloves||Alex Kidd||Hit Contest|
|DS 29||Sliding Tackle||Big||Drift|
|DS 30||A Gate of Chance||Knuckles||Timed Gates|
|DS 31||Call the Doctor||Dr.Eggman||Race|
|DS 32||Banana Drama||Aiai||Collect|
|DS 33||Watch the Bass Bins||Big||Avoid|
|DS 34||Jacky's Jet Set||Jacky Bryant||Battle|
|DS 35||Reach For the Stars||Sonic||Random Gates|
|DS 36||Every Rose...||Amy||Knockout|
|DS 37||Destination Drift||B.D. Joe||Drift|
|DS 38||Tailgating||Tails||Timed Gates|
|DS 39||Which Came First?||Knuckles||Avoid|
|DS 40||Hard to Earn||Zobio||Collect|
|DS 41||Jump to the Beat||Beat||Race|
|DS 42||Automaton Attack!||Shadow||Hit Contest|
|DS 43||Gates of Glory||Dr.Eggman||Random Gates|
|DS 44||Fist Full of Fun||Knuckles||Race|
|DS 46||I'll Miss You||Zobio||Avoid|
|DS 47||Monkey Mayhem||Aiai||Knockout|
|DS 48||Race to the Future||Jacky Bryant||Race|
|DS 49||Claws for Thought||Opa-Opa||Hit Contest|
|DS 50||Love to Gate You||Big||Timed Gates|
|DS 51||Chu's To Slide||Chuih||Drift|
|DS 52||His Name Is Ryo||Ryo Hazuki||Race|
|DS 53||Them's the Gates||Amigo||Timed Gates|
|DS 54||Banananza Bros.||Mobo||Collect|
|DS 55||Egg-Stravagant Ending||Sonic||Battle|
|DS 56||Ness & NINTENDO All-Stars Racing||Ness||Timed Gates|
Sonic is the world's fastest hedgehog, capable of running at the speed of sound (768 mph). His other abilities include a “Spin Attack”, a “Spin Dash” and his “Super Sonic” transformation which makes him indestructible and gives him the gift of run-flight. Sonic is not an expert swimmer, but is fearless – even of Dr. Eggman. Alongside his best friend Tails, Sonic runs around the world stopping Dr. Eggman's schemes. He drives the Speed Star – a car built by his friend Tails – it helps to make a fair race as no one can beat Sonic on foot.
Tails is a two-tailed yellow fox, equally at home, on the ground, in the air, or in the water. He's super-smart and likes nothing better than inventing and fixing planes, cars, and all things mechanical. He's an honorable and courageous friend in the face of danger. He teams up with his best friend Sonic – and their other friends – to help save the creatures of the South Island from Dr. Eggman. Tails built his own plane, the Tornado Racer, from parts found after an attempted invasion by Dr Eggman. Its short-winged design allows it to execute sharper turns than ordinary airplanes.
One-time leader of Team Rose, Amy and her friend Big the Cat are no strangers to speed. She is always running after Sonic, and in love with love. She's all about competition and style which is why her car, the Pink Cabriolet, is kitted out for speed and to look good. It is also designed to stay steady enough when she unleashes her lethal Piko-Piko Hammer.
Sonic's arch-enemy, and a genius to boot, Dr. Eggman loves whipping up crazy robotic armies that look like him to help with his dastardly schemes.His IQ level is 300. In his evil genius mind he dreams of creating a place called Eggmanland – and he will destroy anyone who tries to stop him. Dr. Eggman's all-terrain vehicle, the Egg Monster, has large wheels and an extra high riding seat so he can look down on everyone he overtakes and enjoy it!
Shadow is an artificial life form, created by Dr. Eggman's grandfather. His initial hatred of Sonic has now developed into a friendly rivalry. Like Sonic, Shadow is about speed – his acceleration and “Spin Attack” coming from his rocket skates. With Chaos Emeralds he can power up his Chaos Control and warp time and space. If he has all seven emeralds he can transform into Super Shadow – which, like Sonic, makes him invulnerable and gives him run-flight. Shadow uses a modified G.U.N. motorcycle known as the Dark Rider.
AiAi – A monkey hero, who has a destiny to marry MeeMee, and be father to a baby boy called – wait for it – Baby. In his monkey ball AiAi is fast, nimble and not too light. As the hero of the Super Monkey Ball series, he must save both Jungle Island and MeeMee from the wrath of the evil Dr. Bad-Boon. In his spare time, he likes to eat bananas, spend time with his family, play games and live easy. AiAi and friends have tried to design the fastest banana ever: his car – the Blazing Banana.
Billy Hatcher's an inquisitive boy from the human world. He eliminates everybody else in the race with his secret move of egg capture. To activate simply be in first and press X or A (depending on system) repeatedly. After saving a helpless chick from an attack by crows, Billy and his friends are transported to Morning Land by the Chicken King. With the courage bestowed upon him by the chicken elders, he dons the legendary rooster suit and embarks on a grand adventure to save Morning Land from eternal night. Billy must stop Dark Raven or the darkness will spread to the human world. Billy's Racing Rooster car is highly maneuverable, so watch out – he may wear a rooster suit, but nobody calls this boy chicken!
Amigo is one maraca-wielding, party-loving monkey! Along with his sister Amiga, and their friends Linda, Bingo, Bongo, Rio, Chumba and Wamba, Amigo's life is a non-stop carnival and the more skillfully he shakes his maracas, the hotter the party gets! Amigo's car is built into a giant maraca. Keep an eye on this guy, he's likely to break out the samba at any point!
Knuckles is the guardian of the Master Emerald, which gives Angel Island its power to float in the sky. He is the last of the Echidnas of the island's native people. His name comes from his powerful fists, which allow him to punch through rock and make him a skilled burrower and climber. He can also use his dreadlocks to glide for short distances. He drives a tough little all-terrain vehicle called the Land Breaker.
Big is a large, purple, long-eared cat. He's laid-back, easy-going, and has a gentle nature despite his prodigious strength. He loves to fish and is never without his trusty rod. He lives in the jungle near the Mystic Ruins with his best friend, Froggy, a small, green frog with a pointed tail. Big's adventures often involve him trying to find Froggy, who has a tendency to get himself lost or swallow a Chaos Emerald. Big's motorbike is called the Green Hopper. The bike may be small, but Big's size makes sure he won’t be easily pushed around.
He, Zobio, was a prison guard. She, Zobiko, was an inmate thrown into jail by a mad doctor. Zobio decided to break out Zobiko, so that they could start a new life together. But will either of them ever really be free? They race in their Hotrod of Horror, a turbo-charged, armor-plated monstrosity.
Beat was a young “rudie” who ran away from home to join one of the gangs of Tokyo-to. He impressed fellow “rudies” Gum and Tab with his skating and graffiti skills in Shibuya bus station, and joined as a member of the gang, the GG's. Beat spends his time skating around fighting for turf with rival gangs by marking his territory with graffiti and eradicating others’ tags. This attracts the attention of Police Captain Onishima and his S.W.A.T. team, who relentlessly pursue Beat and his friends. Beat drives a heavily customized street racer, with all the extras – including an extra bass system and neon under-lights!
Jacky's a skilled race car driver and powerful martial artist. He was once seriously injured in a racing accident and took two years to recover from his injuries. During that time he discovered a mystery group was behind his crash and it was no accident. He believes this same group is responsible for the disappearance of his sister, Sarah, but will he ever learn the truth? Akira was winner of the second World Fighting Tournament. He strives for perfection and trains relentlessly. He is currently the Master at Yuki Budokan. Jacky and Akira join forces to create a formidable racing team, competing in Jacky's muscle car Red Lightning.
Ulala was orphaned at an early age in a spaceship accident in which she was the sole survivor. She was rescued from the void of outer space by a Space Channel 5 reporter and ten years later, she's now their top reporter. She shot to fame when she confronted the Morolians, who imprisoned humans and forced them to dance against their will. She is mainly confronted by her frendly rival Pudding. She out-danced them at the same time as presenting her Swingin’ Report Show. What a gal! Ulala races in her Astro Glider, a kind of floating pod.
Always friendly and cheerful… that's B.D. Joe. He's at his happiest when he can bring a smile to the face of the customers in his 'Crazy Taxi'. B.D. Joe is master of driving – and talking. But that's not all. He can drum with just about anything and he's not too sloppy at card tricks either – anything to help fill other peoples' days with something a little special. He drives a customized yellow cab with the plate number '2HOP260' – 'To Hop To Go' – see? He's always ready to get things moving!
Alex Kidd spent seven years living on Mt. Eternal, on planet Aries, studying Shellcore, an ancient art of shattering rocks with bare fists. Alex is a Prince of planet Aries, son of King Thunder and twin brother of Prince Egle. Alex must stop the evil Janken the Great and his minions from usurping his father. Battles are fought with a best-of-three game of rock, paper, scissors! Alex's vehicle of choice is his Sukopako Motorcycle – don’t underestimate this small but very nimble motorbike.
Ryo Hazuki dropped out of Yokosuka High School to embark on an epic journey to avenge his father's seemingly senseless murder. Trained in martial arts and driven by revenge, he hunts his father's killer, Lan Di, and seeks the Dragon Mirror that Lan Di took. Ryo can call on the help of many childhood and family friends, in particular Nozomi Harasaki who harbors a deep love for Ryo. But Ryo's quest will always take precedence for him. Ryo's wheels are a motorcycle he borrowed from close friend Naoyuki Ito.
Ryo Hazuki dropped out of Yokosuka High School to embark on an epic journey to avenge his father's seemingly senseless murder. Trained in martial arts and driven by revenge, he hunts his father's killer, Lan Di, and seeks the Dragon Mirror that Lan Di took. Ryo can call on the help of many childhood and family friends, in particular Nozomi Harasaki who harbors a deep love for Ryo. But Ryo's quest will always take precedence for him. Ryo's ride is the Number 5 forklift truck, on loan from his part-time job.
The ChuChus are cute space mice who use their super quick rockets to escape the jaws of the hungry space cats known as KapuKapus. The ChuChus race in a ChuChu Rocket, modified for maximum horizontal propulsion while comfortably seating four ChuChus for cat n’ mouse chaos in space! The ChuChus are Chuih, Chubea, Chupea, and Chubach.
Mobo and Robo are a pair of burglars who target a bank, a mansion, a casino, a mint, an art gallery and a treasury on their crime spree. With a combination of stealth and slapstick, they escape with all the loot in their trusty blimp. Racing in their Get-a-Way Wagon, they’re sure to have plenty of sneaky tricks under the hood.
Opa-Opa is a sentient spacecraft, battling to stop the planet Menon from stealing the other planets’ currency to build a huge fortress. In winning this battle, Opa-Opa hopes to restore peace to the Fantasy Zone. Opa-Opa can hover and fly using its wings or sprout feet to walk on the ground.
Created by Dr. Eggman and programmed to destroy Sonic, Metal Sonic is a robotic copy of our hero and shares many of his abilities. He can mimic Sonic's spin dash and homing attack, and thanks to the jet engine in his torso, he can beat Sonic's acceleration and equal Sonic's speed! He has extra abilities however, due to his mechanoid form. These include his Ring Spark Field, telescopic limbs, and a forcefield known as the Black Shield.
Ness is an adventurous kid from a little town called Onett. He has some PSI ability using elements of PK Thunder, PK Fire, PK Flash, & PK Starstorm. Ness has four closest friends named Poo, Jess Adonut, Lucas, & Paula, Ness & his friends one day set out to defeat Ness' crabby next door neighbor, Porky Minch, who went to destroy Ness and his friends. Ness took the advantage, and the courage to take on Porky, and save the land from destruction, he also uses little tiny people named Mr. Saturn, and takes on various enemies, such as Starman, and some of a gooey enemy named Master Belch.
Banjo and Kazooie are an adventurous bear and bird duo, always on hand to thwart the schemes of their nemesis, the rhyming hag Gruntilda. Banjo himself is a big, amiable Honey Bear, polite and well-mannered – in stark contrast to the Red-Crested Breegull Kazooie who lives in his backpack. Loud, sarcastic and rude, Kazooie's inability to keep her beak shut often lands the pair in trouble. Together they race in the Bolt Bucket, a quirky vehicle custom-built by their longstanding ally (and a real wizard in the garage) Mumbo Jumbo.
Tobuscus is a YouTube commentator who has at least 6,000,000 subscribers, And he does Minecraft videos, Music parodies, And even a Tobuscus Animated Adventure Series. He's currently working on a game called, Tobuscus Adventures: Wizards!. Tobuscus has a friend named Gabuscus, (Or as Tobuscus calls him, Gaybuscus). Tobuscus rides on The Diamond Minecart. It is a very fast vehicle, And the vehicle is based off his most viewed YouTube video, I Can Swing My Sword. The reason Tobuscus got in is because he did a charity on Indie Go Go, And one way he could do it, Is by putting himself in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing as a playable DLC character.
The Avatar is you! It likes what you like, it wears what you wear (or wish you could wear!), and does what you tell it to. Well, most the time anyway.
The Ava-Car 720 is the Avatar's mode of transport - a sleek, custom-built kart with all the mod-cons.
Miis are cartoonish caricatures of friends or family members that can be used in some games.
The Super Zoomer is the Mii's mode of transport in this game - a sleek, custom-built kart with all the mod-cons.
|Mega Horn||Creates a destructive soundwave that flips surrounding rivals.||100px|
|Speed Shoes||Sonic's signature Speed Shoes. They increase the racer's speed momentarily, allowing them to tackle their way through opponents and obstacles.||100px|
|Confusion Star||Targets the nearest rival and confuses them by temporarily flipping their game screen upside down. And left becomes right, and right becomes left||100px|
|Manual RocketTemplate:Ref||A rocket that when launched, homes in on the nearest opponent ahead of the player to flip them over.||100px|
|Energy Shield||Creates an energy shield around the player for a limited time that withstands a single attack.||100px|
|MineTemplate:Ref||A motion-activated mine that players can place in the path of oncoming vehicles in order to slow them down. They spin around the other racers by exploding on contact or after a certain time has passed.||100px|
|K.O. GloveTemplate:Ref||A projectile covered in a boxing glove that when deployed, bounces off the sides of tracks to easily knock out rivals.||100px|
|Pocket Rainbow||A small rainbow trap that temporarily obstructs the view of other racers with a spectrum of dazzling colors.||100px|
|Giant Rocket||A giant rocket that flies down the center of the track, usually acquired when falling behind in the race. Press the "use item" button again to trigger a devastating detonation that spins out other racers.||100px|
A big bomb that barrels out in front of the player and lands with an explosion that slows down rivals. In the DS version the bomb is thrown in an arc and explodes on impact with the ground.
Template:Note These items also come in sets of three as a separate capsule item.
Following the release of Sega Superstars Tennis, Sumo Digital decided to do a racing title, based on their experience with recent Out Run titles. Sumo Digital executive producer, Steve Lycett, said that in an early prototype of the game, Sonic raced on foot, Dr. Eggman rode an Eggpod with legs, Tails flew in a biplane, Amy Rose drove a car, and Gilius Thunderhead, from Golden Axe, rode one of the Chickenleg creatures from the game. This version, however, was reportedly not fun to play, largely due to the varying sizes between the different characters, but also because the drift mechanic wouldn't work with racers who were on foot. According to Lycett:
It was later revised so that everyone would be in cars, bikes, or modified flyers. 
The soundtrack for the game will consist of various old and new tracks from the various Sonic and Sega franchises, though it will also feature original songs by various artists including Richard Jacques. Each course will start with one track, with more being unlocked as players earn Sega Miles. The Nintendo DS version of the game will feature Musical Instrument Digital Interface versions of the tracks composed by Alister Brimble.
ToeJam & Earl were originally planned to be in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing as a duo driving their spaceship, but Sega could not come to terms with ToeJam & Earl Productions co-founder Greg Johnson. However, fans have called and mass-emailed Johnson for his characters' return. He has responded on the official Sega forums under the pseudonym 'Big Earl' stating "I'll give it another try and see if I can get the homies at Sega to talk again on the phone." He later mentioned that the duo will not be appearing in the retail game, since it is too late in development, but the option for including them as downloadable content is still open.
In its prototype form, Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe was a playable character who rode one of the Chickenleg monsters from the game. While he was scrapped from the game's roster, he does appear in the sequel. In his developer diary, Lycett makes it clear that this does not confirm him as a final character. This is the case with Gilius, as he did not make the cut into the final roster. Lycett has also talked about Vyse from Skies of Arcadia in an interview with Gamereactor (Interesting to note, both Vyse and Thunderhead appear in the game's sequel). Segata Sanshiro was also considered as a possible character, riding a Sega Saturn, as well as Nei from Phantasy Star II, though neither ended up in the roster. Early in development, Mario was considered as a Wii-exclusive addition, but Sega decided against it so as not to cause cross-contamination with its Mario and Sonic series.
Lycett has also mentioned there will be various cameo appearances from other Sega characters who didn't make it in the playable roster, such as Ristar in the Death Egg track.
On the Wii and Steam versions of the game, one of the playing cards shown on the Roulette Road track, which would normally show Amy Rose, shows a picture of Sonia the Hedgehog from Sonic Underground, adapted from a fan art of the character by deviantARTist, RianaLD. The artwork was initially used as placeholder artwork, mistaken as official artwork. Sonic Team noticed the error and requested it be fixed, however it somehow remained on the Wii and 'low-res' PC versions of the track. Lycett has offered his sincere apologies to the original artist, citing the incident as unintentional. There are plans to remove the image from PC version, although the Wii version will retain the image due to the lack of an update feature.
- So Much More... (Fantazia Projekt Radio Mix)
- So Much More... (Ballad Version)
- So Much More... (Main Theme)
It was officially confirmed that additional characters and tracks would be downloadable in the future. Steve Lycett of Sumo Digital has said that NiGHTS could possibly be added as a downloadable character, if the game is successful. 
On March 25, 2010, an accessory and clothing line promoting Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing was added onto the Avatar Marketplace for the Xbox 360.
As a bonus for pre-ordering the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions in Europe and Australia, an additional Ryo Hazuki (called Ryo-F) was made available to download in which he would drive his forklift outside his All-Star move as his regular vehicle. This alternate vehicle was later made available for purchase on the Xbox Live Marketplace on April 1, 2010.
On April 1, 2010, a DLC pack consisting of Metal Sonic as a playable character and a Death Egg Zone track called "Egg Hangar" was leaked onto the European PSN Store. However, the pack was soon removed due to being released before its predetermined release date. The DLC was later released on the Xbox Live Marketplace on April 8, 2010, and on the PSN on April 22, 2010. Also, Ristar, another iconic Sega character, makes a cameo in the Egg Hangar race track, despite the high demand for him to be a playable character. 
It was stated on April 27th, 2010 from Sumo Digital's Steve Lycett that Sega has already released all the DLC they requested Sumo to make (Metal Sonic and Ryo-F), and that future DLC depends solely upon whether or not Sega wishes to have more.
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing had sold 1.07 million copies at the end of Sega's fiscal 2010 (end of March 2010), making it one of the best-selling and most profitable Sega games of 2010 along with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, which had sold a ridiculous 6.53 million copies at the end of Sega's fiscal 2010.
GamesMaster gave the game 83% for the console versions and 70% for the DS version, calling it 'the best kart racer on 360/PS3, but not quite the Mario Kart-beater we hoped for'. Nintendo Power gave the Wii version 8/10 and the DS version 6/10. Official Nintendo Magazine gave both the DS and Wii version 75%. Computer Bild Spiele, the top video game magazine in Germany, rated the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions a score of 2.32, which is about an A grade. The Wii version was given a 2.46 score.
JVN gave Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing a 16/20 score, which boils down to an 80% ranking. IGN gave all versions an 8.0 out of 10 giving the game as an "impressive" and said that the game is the best kart-racer on the Xbox and PS3. 1up gave the game a B+. And Game Informer gave the game 7.75 out of 10. Gamespot also gave it 8.0 out of 10, praising its responsive controls and excellent track design. Kotaku calls it a competent racer which evokes fond memories, although laments that the tracks and music selection don't delve as deep into Sega lore as the character roster. GameTrailers gave the game 8.0 as well, praising its track design and addictive gameplay.
Gamespot gave it a 8.0 out of 10, saying that "Smooth controls and a bunch of awesome tracks make this an exciting kart racer." They also called the decision of putting Amy and Big in the game "scraping the bottom of the barrel when looking for characters to be in the game". Metacritic gave it a 78 out of 100 on the Wii version.
- The theme for Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is "So Much More..." and is on the So Much More Bentley Jones album.
- The game also has released posters and stickers in the UK.
- Jazwares released toys in honor of this game. The toys available are Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Tails, Dr. Eggman, Aiai, Amigo, and Beat.
- The Wii version of the game also features its own WiiWheel, with "Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing" typed above the Wii Remote, and the SEGA logo typed below.
- NKOK produced a line of RC racers, they released Sonic and Knuckles, NKOK also released a "Sonic vs. Knuckles" Mini RC track set.
- Gamerz Skinz released skins for all 4 DS models. They featured the group picture in front of a Seaside Hill background.
NOTE: For Android and iOS devices (either through Google Play Games Servies on Android or Game Center on iOS), not all achievements shown below can be achieved in those mobile versions.
|True Blue||File:TrueBlue.png||Earn your BLUE SEGA License.|
|Amber De Amigo||File:AmberDeAmigo.png||Earn your AMBER SEGA License.|
|Red Out||File:RedOut.png||Earn your RED SEGA License.|
|Virtual Bronze||File:VirtualBronze.png||Earn your BRONZE SEGA License.|
|Captain Silver||File:CaptainSilver.png||Earn your SILVER SEGA License.|
|Golden Acts||File:GoldenActs.png||Earn your GOLD SEGA License.|
|Now There Are No Limits!||File:NowThereAreNoLimits.png||Win your first Grand Prix Cup.|
|Welcome to the Next Level!||File:WelcomeToTheNextLevel.png||Win every race within a Grand Prix Cup.|
|To be this good takes AGES||File:ToBeThisGoodTakesAGES.png||Win every Grand Prix Cup.|
|Fighters Megamix||File:FightersMegamix.png||Take out an Opponent with each character's All-Star Move.|
|Time Stalker||File:TimeStalker.png||Set a Personal Best Time on any Time Trial course.|
|Clock Work||File:ClockWork.png||Set a Personal Best Time on every Time Trial course.|
|Shadow Dancing||File:ShadowDancing.png||Defeat a Staff Ghost on any Time Trial course.|
|Ghost Master||File:GhostMaster.png||Defeat a Staff Ghost on every Time Trial course|
|Mega Driver||File:MegaDriver.png||Score AAA on any mission.|
|Crazy Box||File:CrazyBox.png||Pass every mission.|
|Magical Sound Shower||File:MagicalSoundShower.png||Race to every piece of music.|
|Top of the Class||File:TopOfTheClass.png||Score AAA on every mission.|
|Dreamarena||File:DreamArena.png||Play a friend over Xbox LIVE, Playstation Network|
|Outrunner||File:OutRunner.png||Lap a trailing player in a race over Xbox LIVE, Playstation Network|
|Death Adder||File:DeathAdder.png||Take out opponents with items one hundred times over Xbox LIVE, Playstation Network|
|Lucky Dime||File:LuckyDime.png||Purchase any item from the shopping menu.|
|High Roller||HighRoller.png||Purchase every item from the shopping menu.|
|Classic Collection||File:ClassicCollection.png||Win a race as each racer.|
|SEGA World||File:SegaWorld.png||Complete a race on each course in Grand Prix, Single Race or Time Trial mode.|
|Power Drift||File:PowerDrift.png||Perform a fifteen second Drift.|
|Turbo||Turbo.png||Perform twenty Turbo Boost within a single lap of any event.|
|Triple Trouble||File:TripleTrouble.png||Perform three tricks in one jump and make the landing.|
|Gaining Ground||File:GainingGround.png||Get a Turbo-Boost Start in any event.|
|Wheels of Fire||File:WheelsOfFire.png||Perform a Turbo-Boost Start across 3 consecutive events.|
|Rolling Start||File:RollingStart.png||Complete Sonic's Test Drive.|
|Road Rampage||File:RoadRampage.png||Lap a trailing player in a race over Xbox LIVE, Playstation Network|
|Up 'N' Down||File:UpNDown.png||Take out a racer by manually directing an item.|
|Streets of Rage||StreetsOfRage.png||Ram an opponent off the course without using a Weapon or Power-Up.|
|Wonder Boy||File:WonderBoy.png||Win a race by crossing the finish line in reverse.|
|Altered Beast||File:AlteredBeast.png||Take out three oppenents with one triple-weapon.|
|Last Survivor||File:LastSurvivor.png||Finish the first lap in last position and go on to win the race.|
|Super Hang-On||File:SuperHangOn.png||Win the race holding first place on each lap.|
|Project Rub||File:ProjectRub.png||Complete any Race event without Collisions.|
|Enduro Racer||File:EnduroRacer.png||Play one hundred events including any race, mission, or time trial in any mode.|
|Sonic Unleashed||File:SonicUnleashed.png||Use Sonic's All-Star Move to take out Dr. Eggman.|
|Feel the Magic||FeelTheMagic.png||Use Amy's All-Star Move to send Sonic dizzy with love.|
|Working Man||File:WorkingMan.png||Use Ryo's All-Star Move to take out Jacky and Akira.|
|Giant Egg||File:GiantEgg.png||Use Billy's All-Star Move to squash the Crows!|
|Top Skater||File:TopSkater.png||Perform three tricks in one jump with Beat on Tokyo-to - Shibuya Downtown.|
|The Chariot||File:TheChariot.png||Use Zobio and Zobiko to send one hundred Curien Mansion Creatures back to the grave.|
|Cat Mania||File:CatMania.png||Summon the giant KapuKapu and gobble up Big the Cat.|
|Ultimate Collection||File:UltimateCollection.png||Earn every achievement,Trophy in the game.|
- Ness is playable from the Nintendo series, EarthBound.
- At loading screens, Sonic appears with a "Sonic Says" hint. This is a reference to the American Sonic cartoon, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Banjo & Kazooie are playable in the 360 version, making it their first appearance in any Sonic or SEGA game.
- The playable characters in Sega Superstars Tennis that don't make playable appearances in this game are NiGHTS, Reala, Gum, Pudding, Gilius Thunderhead, and MeeMee. However, they appear in next Racing game.
- Similarly, the series' that are represented in SST that aren't represented here are Puyo Pop Fever, Space Harrier, Virtua Squad, Golden Axe, NiGHTS, OutRun, and After Burner.
- This marks Billy Hatcher's first appearance on the Xbox 360, DS, and PS3 and his second appearance on the Wii and PC.
- This is Big the Cat's first playable appearance in a Next-Gen game.
- NiGHTS didn't appear as a playable character but instead took the role as the referee who flies & swings the checkered flag to start the race.
- Although the ChuChus originated from ChuChu Rocket!, this is the first real appearance of Chuih, ChuPea, ChuBei, & ChuBach. This is because they were only mentioned in that game's instruction manual and never physically appeared in the game itself (even though they piloted the rockets of their corresponding colors).
- Avatars (Xbox 360) and Miis (Wii) have set icons no matter what Avatar/Mii is being used. The icon for Avatars is a dark gray male Avatar silhouette, while the icon for Miis is a default Mii (seen when you make a new Mii on the Mii Channel before you customize it, only here it has a smile).
- Metal Sonic's bio is the only bio that doesn't mention his vehicle.
- The picture of Metal Sonic in his bio is his decal from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- Except for E-102 Gamma, all of the playable characters from Sonic Adventure DX (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Big, and Metal Sonic) are also present in All-Stars Racing as playable characters.
- There are more Sonic the Hedgehog series characters in the roster than the others.
- Billy Hatcher's All-Star Move has him running on a giant egg (the one containing the Water Comb), however, in Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, he can only do this if he's wearing the circus hat (which, interestingly, looks exactly like NiGHTS' hat).
- In the middle of the race, when Amy uses her All-Star Move, the announcer will say, "Amy unleashes her Piko Hammer!", although the hammer's real name is the Piko Piko Hammer. This is because there is only one 'Piko' in the name of the All-Star.
- Knuckles' All-Star Move is the most powerful of them all. This is because if you hold the required button long enough, his fist will turn bright red and vibrate in a fast motion. If you let go at that point, it will cause a type of earthquake that knocks over every opponent.
- Oddly enough, when Shadow uses his All-Star move, Super Shadow, his nose color changes from black to the same lemon-cream color as his fur, but this is just a small error on the developers' part. However, the same mistake can be seen in the game's official All-Star Move trailer.
- The ChuChus' All-Star move is also similar to the Ultimate Pac-Mobile in Pac-Man World Rally.
- In the instruction manual for the DS version, Zobiko, Akira, ChuPea, ChuBei, ChuBach, and Robo make appearances (on the same page as their console partners) despite never appearing in this version.
- Although, Robo is briefly playable during Mobo's All-Star Move, while in the console versions, Mobo would be on the blimp.
- In the DS version, Opa-Opa's all-star move only has shooting missiles. In the console versions, there are 3 options or the Parts Shop mini-menu.
- Ness in the DS version and the PlayStaton has a more realistic look then in any other version.
- Their is an error in Tobuscus's All-Star move. The error is when Tobuscus is in active, His shirt doesn't say Tobuscus, But when The All-Star move is done, His shirt is back to saying, "Tobuscus".
- Amy's car has similarities to the car she drove in Sonic R, except for it having a different color scheme, and being less bulky (though this may have been because of the polygonal graphics used in games at the time of Sonic R's release).
- Tails hovercraft, the Tornado Racer, is more unique than the other hovercrafts. It qualifies more as a car with a good acceleration and good handling when the hovercrafts are supposed to have poor acceleration and poor handling since they are not affected by terrain.
- When Tails jumps off of a ramp, cliff, or he goes off the course and lands the Tornado Racer has a slight recoil. The front of the plane tilts upward from the speed boost from landing and until it rebalances itself it will be unable to make another air trick if it goes off the course again.
- Shadow's bike, the Dark Rider, is the same bike he used in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) but with the Black Arms' symbol on the sides.
- The characters with returning cars/bikes/aircrafts are Shadow, Jacky & Akira, B.D. Joe, Alex Kidd (normal & All-Star), Ryo (normal & All-Star/DLC), the Bonanza Bros. (All-Star), and (technically) Opa-Opa.
- Though they appear to be a part of the class, Metal Sonic and Knuckles' karts are not classified as bikes, but have bike like stats.
- Jacky's Red Lightning references Outrun because, despite being a muscle car, it strongly resembles the series' flagship car, the Ferrari Testarossa.
- While drifting with Amy's car in the DS version, it shows that the car has 2 exhausts. While in the console versions of the game, it shows a single exhaust.
- Ness' The EarthBound 700 is based on the UFO in EarthBound.
- The game used to be called "SEGA Superstars Racer."
- Ever since the game has been announced, fans have been complaining and constantly asking, "Why is Sonic in a car?" Executive producer, Steve Lycett, answered the question, and said that they originally tried making the game with Sonic and friends racing on foot instead. Size and proportion issues occurred however, and drifting was deemed impossible for characters outside of vehicles. After several attempts at tweaking the engine, it was decided that all characters should have a vehicle for easier play.
- There was a joke about this in the Off-Panel comic of Sonic Universe Issue 45, where Sonic, on foot, wins the race in a mili-second.
- This is the last game to ever feature voice actors from 4Kids Entertainment. From then on, they've all been replaced with voice actors from Studiopolis and Funimation.
- Although ChuBei has artwork for this game, he (for an unknown reason) doesn't appear to have any other artwork.
- This is the first SEGA Superstars game to not be for the PlayStation 2.
- An interview with Omar Woodley states that the game was previously going to have 50 characters, but for some reasons it was canceled.
- Sonic and Billy Hatcher make the same exact pose, only mirrored, in their character art. Also, Akira & Jacky's artwork is taken directly from Virtua Fighter 5.
- The artwork for Chuih, ChuPea, ChuBei, & ChuBach in this game is very similar to their artwork for ChuChu Rocket!. The only differences being that Chuih & ChuBei's tails are not seen (most likely due to the fact that they are looking straight ahead) and ChuPea & ChuBach are slightly turned to the side (ChuPea faces left, ChuBach faces right).
- Japanese Sega Saturn mascot, Segata Sanshiro was originally considered for this game.
- An arcade edition of Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, ported by Sega Amusements, exists in random arcades. It was seen at a Skokie, Illinois Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurant. It was believed to be there temporarily as part of a location test, but is now available through the Sega Amusements website. One is also located in the UK in Bournemouth, inside an 'Amusements'.
- Mario was planned to be in the Wii version of this game but taken out after agreeing to only have crossovers for the Olympic Games series
- On the iOS version, Knuckles, Shadow and Ulala were not characters until an update.
- The same thing happened to Sun Fair.
- Another update caused Ulala to be a playable character and Ocean Ruin, Bingo Party, and Monkey Target to be playable stages.
- This could mean that SEGA was working on Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing on the iOS before Transformed got released.
- The instruction manual for the Xbox 360 and PS3 version mentions an achievement called "Wheelie Good (perform a six second wheelie)". Not only does this achievement not exist in the actual game, but it is impossible to perform it. This is because they used the same chart as the DS Instruction Booklet has in it.
- The Achievements/Trophies on the 360 and PS3 version are mostly references to other Sega games; like "Triple Trouble" (perform 3 tricks in one jump and make the landing), "Altered Beast" (win a race using an All-Star item), and "Classic Collection" (play with each racer). It even makes references to other things involving Sega; like To be this good takes AGES! (one of the early SEGA mottos) (AGES is actually SEGA spelled backwards), and "Mega Driver."
- One of the Achievements/Trophies (Billy Hatcher squashing Crows with his All-Star Move) is actually a mission in the console version, making it easy to achieve.
- This game contains the drifting sound effect from Pac-Man World Rally, another racing game.
- Similar to NASCAR games, instead of a map of the track, the game has a scrolling bar at the top of the screen that shows each racer's position.
- On the Xbox 360 boxart, instead of Tails flying to the left of Sonic, Banjo & Kazooie are racing by in the same area Tails was.
- The (Java) mobile version of the game features a unique gameplay mechanic in which there are Rings the player can collect to fill up meter that allows the player to boost.
- On the character section of this game's minisite, if you scroll to Jacky & Akira, Jacky isn't there.
- None of the voice actors' names are given in the credits, not even new voices like the announcer. However, most of the voice acting for the Sonic characters in this game were just recycled voice clips from previous Sonic games, mostly from Sonic '06.
- In the introduction in the DS version, Akira is seen with Jacky Bryant in their car. However, Akira doesn't actually appear that version of the game.
- The PS3, iOS, PC, and DS versions of this game are the only versions without exclusive characters.
- Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing will be porting to the MAC/iOS and have Multiplayer Online through the Game Center, However, The PC Version doesn't have Multiplayer Online.
- There is a glitch on the iPhone/iPad version of Shibuya Downtown course. If the character goes on one of the dash pads, occasionally the speed boost will not be given.
- All of the Sonic-related tracks except for the Egg Hangar are from Sonic Heroes.
- In the console version after racing on a Final Fortress Track and going back to the menus a screen appears on the left side which oddly enough shows Amy and what appears to be information regarding her.
- This is so far the only Sonic game which supports the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel accessory unlike the sequel.
- The instruction manual for Sonic Generations contains an ad for this game, however it says that it is rated E10+ while the actual game is rated E, this likely has to do with the Jet Set Radio songs.
- Silver is the only hedgehog in the mainstream Sonic games that did not appear in this game, as Sonic, Shadow, Amy, and Metal Sonic (via DLC) did.
- On both this game and even its sequel, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, the background of the cover is Seaside Hill.
- On the Billy Hatcher track, Lava Lair, there's an announcer typo. The track takes place in Dino Mountain, but the announcer says Blizzard Castle. This error also happens in the Billy Hatcher Grand prix, as it's called Blizzard Cup.
- In Multiplayer mode, there is a glitch where only P1 can control Opa-Opa's part Shop, even if other players are using it.
- Some of the DS version's tracks have different designs/layouts than the console versions.
At the 2012 Toy Fair in New York, Sega revealed a new toyline based on the game and confirmed to Kotaku that a sequel is in production, to be revealed later in 2012. Recently, the game appeared for preorder online for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. Wii U, 3DS, and Vita versions have been hinted at. The confirmed title for the sequel is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed which was released in late 2012.
- SEGA :: GAMES: Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Site
- Official Micro-site
- Official site for the Mac version from Feral Interactive
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found